Ingredient Page: Hemp Seed Oil
As a standout oil in Sacred Serum facial oil, Hemp seed oil is probably the most talked about ingredient in skincare right now. IOriginating from the Hemp plant, it's a family member to cannabis (marijuana). But don't worry: Hemp seed oil, in any form, does not produce the 'high' associated with cannabis.
Hemp's legacy starts with its early use in fabric and paper production. Before long, the extraction of Hemp seed oil opened up new avenues in culinary and medicinal applications. These early uses set the stage for Hemp seed oil's current superstar status in skincare, showcased in high-quality products like our Sacred Serum.
Get ready to be amazed by the wonders of Hemp seed oil! We're exploring its rich history, uncovering its benefits, and revealing how to utilize its magic for your skincare routine. So, what are you waiting for? Let's kick off this exciting journey right away!
Type: Hemp Seed oil is derived from the Hemp plant, a variety of Cannabis sativa that is grown initially for industrial purposes. This plant has seed-producing flowers that form elongated spike-like clusters from which the Hemp oil is derived.
History: This flowering plant was first cultivated in Asia and was then brought to Europe by explorers. Hemp plants were initially used to manufacture fabric and added as cooking ingredients.
Benefits: Reduce inflammation, soothe eczema, fight acne, moisturize skin, protect skin from sun damage.
A Sacred Secret? Hemp seed oil, a true ancient superfood, is rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and protein, which have contributed to its status as a revered healing plant since 8,000 BC.
Background: Hemp Seed Oil
Well-regarded for its potential skin benefits, Hemp Seed Oil boasts a wealth of essential fatty acids, including Omega-3 and Omega-6. These are known to combat inflammation, promote healthy skin and hair, and even support heart health. Add to the mix a bundle of other beneficial compounds, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and you have a winner.
Hemp and marijuana often get confused due to their shared plant family, Cannabaceae. However, Hemp plants lack the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) found in marijuana, the compound responsible for the 'high.' But the focus here is not on their differences; instead, we're here to champion the benefits of Hemp seed oil.
Hemp Seed Oil is versatile. You can use it topically, ingest it, or add it to your food and drinks. It's a safe, natural alternative to many mainstream products and has potential benefits for health concerns.
As one of the most exciting natural oils in beauty products, Hemp seed oil is turning heads among researchers. It's been under the microscope in numerous studies affirming its efficacy. When it comes to benefits, Hemp seed oil is a real game-changer.
- Balances oil production
- Moisturizes and reduces inflammation
- Soothes eczema (condition that causes dry, itchy and inflamed skin)
- Fights acne
- Shields skin from sun damage
- Defends against free radical damage
Sacred Serum & Organic Hemp Seed Oil
Sacred Serum face oil adapts to your skin type due to a balanced formula of botanical superfood flowers, plant and seed oils. Working synergistically with the 26 other organic ingredients in Sacred Serum, Hemp seed oil goes beyond its expected abilities to nourish the skin from inside out.
Our organic nutrients and antioxidants penetrate to provide a healthy glow while balancing your skin tone.
Sacred Serum Benefits:
- Deeply moisturizes for an instant visible glow
- Reduces inflammation and promotes cell regeneration for a visibly youthful glow in a matter of days.
- Amplified by 777 mg USA-certified organic full-spectrum Hemp extract
- Has a light texture that quickly absorbs into the skin for an instant smoothing, soothing glow
- Protects from environmental damage with powerful antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins A, B, C, D, E
- Unbelievably smoother, brighter skin, visibly transformed in a few days
Embrace the Daily Ritual AM+PM to maximize your glow:
Begin your day with this rejuvenating routine, unlocking a radiant glow that simplifies your skincare needs, and wrap up your nighttime regimen with the power-packed Sacred Set, a sublime substitute for your conventional night cream.
Step 1: Rose Mist Toner
Begin with a clean face and generously spritz our Sacred Rose Mist onto your face and neck. Our pure organic Rose water mist instantly delivers a deep soothing dose of hydration, ready to be sealed in by our nourishing Sacred Serum face oil.
Step 2: Sacred Serum
Using the vial, apply the Sacred Serum face oil directly to your skin or open palm. Pat and spread the serum evenly on your face and neck to ensure maximum absorption.
Why Choose Organic, Cold-Pressed Hemp Seed Oil?
Organic ingredients have more potent nutrients and are free from chemicals and pesticides that enter your body. The key to beautiful skin lies in vitamins and nutrients, so we only choose to source the finest ingredients without chemicals and pesticides.
- Organic (Biodynamic) Label: Refers to how ingredients are grown and harvested.
- Cold-Pressed Label: Refers to how ingredients are processed from a plant or seed to an oil. When oils are cold-pressed, they are extracted from their source using mechanical methods rather than heat or solvents.
With cold-pressed oils, there is very little processing, which allows it to retain important nutrients responsible for healing. Ultimately, cold pressing delivers a potent product that's highly effective AND safe because there aren't any additives. It’s a win/win for your skin!
All Sacred Rituel ingredients are made without:
Preservatives: May be used in cosmetics to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and mold. Parabens and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives are commonly used preservatives in cosmetic and personal care products.
Parabens: Are preservatives used in a wide variety of personal care products and foods to prevent the growth of microbes. These endocrine-disrupting chemicals can be absorbed through skin, blood and the digestive system.
Phthalates: Pronounced THAL-ates, these chemicals, which are linked to endocrine disruption, developmental and reproductive toxicity, and cancer, have been banned from cosmetics in the European Union, but still remain prevalent in U.S. products.
Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) & Methylchloroisothiazolinone (CMIT): They may be hard to pronounce, but they can be even harder on the body. These common preservatives are found in many liquid personal care products and have been linked to lung toxicity, allergic reactions, and possible neurotoxicity.
Sacred Secrets: All Things Hemp Seed Oil
What is Hemp seed oil?
Hemp seed oil is a unique natural oil derived from the seeds of Hemp plants. It is renowned for its wide-ranging positive impacts on overall health, such as enhancing skin quality, reducing blood pressure, providing pain relief, and much more.
How Is Hemp Seed Oil Made?
Hemp seed oil is made from the Hemp plant, a member of the Cannabis sativa species. The Hemp plant is grown specifically for its seeds, which are then cold-pressed to extract the oil. Here are the basic steps involved in the production of Hemp seed oil:
- Harvesting: On some farms, harvesting still happens manually using special cutters or knives but on a larger scale, Hemp farm owners use specially modified harvesting equipment called combine harvesters.
- Cleaning and drying: seeds are transported to an indoor environment for cleansing and drying. The drying methods used can vary from barns and dehumidifiers, sheds and fans to racks and mechanical dryers
- Screening or Sieving: The harvested seeds are separated according to their sizes before further processing
- Crush the seeds: Once the seeds are fully dry and graded, they are crushed to break the outer shell and release the oil-rich seed.
- Press the Hemp seeds: The crushed seed kernel is then pressed to extract the oil. This is typically done using a cold-pressing method, which involves applying pressure to the seeds without using heat or solvents.
- Filter the oil: The extracted oil is filtered to remove any remaining debris or impurities.
- Store the oil: The filtered oil is then stored in a clean, dark, airtight container to preserve its quality and freshness.
How is Hemp seed oil used?
Hemp seed oil can be used in a variety of ways, from cooking and baking to skincare and massage. For skin application, Hemp seed oil typically comes in the form of topical agents (cream, serum, or pure oil).
Is Hemp seed oil halal?
Hemp seed oil is considered to be halal, as it is derived from a plant and is not considered to contain any animal products. But make sure to check the ingredients list of any Hemp seed oil product to make sure that it does not contain any other substances that may be considered haram.
Is Hemp seed oil the same as CBD oil?
No, Hemp seed oil and CBD oil are not the same. Hemp seed oil is derived from the seeds of the Hemp plant, and is high in vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids. CBD oil, on the other hand, is derived from the leaves, flowers, and stalks of the Hemp plant and contains high levels of cannabidiol (CBD).
Is Hemp seed oil the same as marijuana?
No, Hemp seed oil is not the same as marijuana. Although Hemp plants and marijuana came from the same family, Cannabaceae, they are two different things.
Hemp seed oil is derived from the seeds of the Hemp plant while marijuana is derived from the leaves, flowers, and stalks of the Cannabis sativa plant and contains high levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) which is the main psychoactive element of cannabis.
How safe is Hemp seed oil?
Hemp seed oil is generally considered to be safe for use. But it’s best to consult with a healthcare professional before using it for medicinal purposes.
Which is better for pain CBD or Hemp?
It depends on the type of pain and the individual. For some people, CBD oil may provide better relief, while others may find Hemp seed oil more effective. Before trying any of the two, make sure to talk to your physician first.